As a dynamic organisation in the midst of major development we are always interested in hearing from people who would like to join our team.
Wexford Festival Trust produces the world-renowned Wexford Festival Opera, in addition to owning and operating Wexford Opera House, an award-winning, multi-disciplinary performance venue. To further enhance the performance of the organisation the company now wishes to appoint an Accounting Technician.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• all financial processing to include:
o processing and paying invoices;
o recording receipts and payments;
o preparing and checking ledger balances and dealing with queries;
o assisting in the preparation of bi-monthly VAT returns;
o handling company expenses and payroll clocking system;
o maintaining employee records and run weekly & monthly payroll;
o issuing all invoices and follow up on debtor payments;
o managing lodgements and income reconciliations from Box Office;
o assisting in the preparation of monthly accounts and budget monitoring;
o preparing bank reconciliations.
• the procurement and control of all purchases in line with budgets.
• monitoring and ensuring compliance with P.O system.
Key Skills & Requirements:
• IATI Qualification or similar
• At least two years experience of the administration of the day-to-day running of an accounts office
• Experience with Sage Line 50 Accounts and strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with Thesaurus payroll system
• Ability to work on their own initiative
• Will possess very strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask, work to deadlines and work under pressure.
• Familiarity with Banking-on-Line
• A good understanding of VAT.
• Familiarity with the Softworks time and attendance system
The role, based in Wexford Opera House, will consist of full and part time hours on an annualised basis.
Applications, to include a detailed letter and CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, to be received no later than 5 pm on Friday, July 11th
Technical and Production Opportunities
All Other Areas