WEXFORD FESTIVAL OPERA - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Board of Wexford Festival Opera is seeking an Executive Director for a newly created joint leadership position with the Artistic Director. The Executive Director and Artistic Director will work collegiately to provide clear and consistent leadership for the organisation, developing and delivering the Strategic Plan and ensuring the Festival fulfils its artistic aims, whilst remaining financially viable and responsive to its audiences. To achieve this will require some restructuring of the organisation and the Executive Director will need the vision and energy to lead on these changes.
Please click here for a full candidate briefing document.
WEXFORD FESTIVAL OPERA – INTERIM MARKETING MANAGER
Term of Appointment: June – November 2021
Reporting to: Interim Chief Executive
Wexford Festival Opera is looking for a dynamic, strategic marketer to join its team on an interim basis.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager is an over-arching marketing and communications role, co-ordinating and unifying all company communications, including its marketing, media, PR and box office.
Although working remotely while government restrictions remain in place, this role will require at least 2 – 3 days a week based in the festival offices in Wexford, working alongside the team.
The marketer will work with the Interim Chief Executive to shape, devise and implement a comprehensive marketing, advertising and promotional plan for Wexford Festival Opera 2021 for approval by the board, via its marketing sub-committee which will have oversight responsibilities on behalf of the board for the plan’s implementation.
This plan should be built upon the Company’s existing marketing plan, taking into account new programme opportunities and artistic initiatives for 2021 and the limitation of sales imposed by the current pandemic. It should reflect current industry best practice and trends, aimed at enabling the Company to prioritise the exploitation of all income potential, to maximise the value of its marketing spend and to maximise box office income streams for all performances. The Marketing Manager will work alongside the Marketing Executive, Dublin- and UK-based Public Relations Consultants, and the Company’s Development Department.
- To help shape, devise and implement an institutional marketing strategy;
- To co-ordinate and manage the marketing, promotional and advertising budget for WFO, including identifying the most appropriate and cost-effective media platforms to promote and maximise all income to meet the annual budget target;
- To manage the production of the WFO Programme Book, in consultation with the Artistic Director, liaising with printer and designer, managing the timetable and budget;
- To provide detailed sales statistics and related data concerning all WFO performances and events, to include all relevant comparative and trend analysis etc, in addition to providing a fully comprehensive post-event sales, marketing, and media report for WFO 2021;
- To attend all company staff meetings, and any other meetings, when requested to do so;
- To undertake such duties as may be consistent with the position and such other additional duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Desirable technical and soft skills:
- 5+ years marketing experience;
- Experience in successfully developing and delivering strategic marketing and communication plans;
- Experience researching the market and developing relevant consumer insights as a start point for strategic planning;
- Budget management experience;
- Must be a self-starter and team player;
- Experience in the arts, or a very strong interest is important.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability and experience to Interim Chief Executive Randall Shannon at email@example.com.